153 Shouts - 1,071,912 Scrobbles
Known for spearheading the Jazz-Hop genre, Kero One, a San Francisco rapper/producer/DJ, stands as a testament to the do-it-yourself success story. Using only his homemade studio and personal credit card, Kero One pressed and released his first 12” record Check the Blueprints in 2003 on his own imprint, Plug Label. Without any experience as to how he should distribute his new record, Kero One spent endless hours researching, cold calling, and seeking help from friends. Of the 50 copies that were eventually distributed around the world, one landed in a tiny record store in Tokyo, Japan.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- In All The Wrong Places - (7:36) - 3,572 plays
- Groovin' - (3:26) - 2,265 plays
- In Time (feat. Clara C & Dumbfoundead) - (3:21) - 1,730 plays
- Keep it Alive! - (3:06) - 1,676 plays
- Check the Blueprints - (5:26) - 1,157 plays
- What Am I Supposed to Do? (feat. suhn) - (3:31) - 1,200 plays
- Musical Journey - (3:57) - 1,186 plays
- Windmills Intro - (1:42) - 1,012 plays
- My Story - (5:43) - 901 plays
- Tempted - (4:34) - 831 plays