155 Shouts - 1,144,606 Scrobbles
Known for spearheading the Jazz-Hop genre, Kero One, a San Francisco rapper/producer/DJ, stands as a testament to the do-it-yourself success story. Using only his homemade studio and personal credit card, Kero One pressed and released his first 12” record Check the Blueprints in 2003 on his own imprint, Plug Label. Without any experience as to how he should distribute his new record, Kero One spent endless hours researching, cold calling, and seeking help from friends. Of the 50 copies that were eventually distributed around the world, one landed in a tiny record store in Tokyo, Japan.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- In All The Wrong Places - (7:36) - 3,954 plays
- Groovin' - (3:26) - 2,650 plays
- Keep it Alive! - (3:06) - 1,542 plays
- Musical Journey - (3:57) - 1,150 plays
- In Time (feat. Clara C & Dumbfoundead) - (3:21) - 1,994 plays
- Check the Blueprints - (5:26) - 922 plays
- Windmills Intro - (1:42) - 1,008 plays
- What Am I Supposed to Do? (feat. suhn) - (3:31) - 1,165 plays
- My Story - (5:43) - 823 plays
- Shortcuts (feat. Sam Ock) - (4:57) - 1,234 plays