4 Shouts - 45,275 Scrobbles
Kenny Brown (born on the Air Force base in Selma, Alabama, July 5, 1953) is a blues slide guitarist from Nesbit, Mississippi. Skilled in the North Mississippi Hill Country blues style popularized by his mentor R. L. Burnside, Brown began his career by apprenticing with Mississippi Joe Callicott, Johnny Woods, and Mississippi Fred McDowell. He has also cited Muddy Waters, Mojo Bufford, Jessie Mae Hemphill, Junior Kimbrough, Johnny Winter, and Johnny Shines as influences. He records for the Fat Possum Records label.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Jumper on the Line - (7:42) - 281 plays
- Cocaine Bill - (2:37) - 267 plays
- You Don't Know My Mind - (3:38) - 189 plays
- If Down Was Up - (3:07) - 156 plays
- Miss Maybelle - (3:06) - 132 plays
- All I Want - (3:33) - 95 plays
- Goin' Back to Mississippi - (2:54) - 32 plays
- From Now On - (3:46) - 28 plays
- Wretched Mind - (4:01) - 23 plays
- In the Mood - (3:17) - 23 plays