1 Shouts - 18,750 Scrobbles
Ken was the pioneer of British exploration of the New Orleans jazz idiom and has a great following even though he has gone to the gloryland. Ken Colyer ( 1928 - 1988) was a British traditional jazz revivalist and skiffle scenester who specialized in the New Orleans jazz and ragtime stylings. He first interfaced with New Orleans players when a young man in the UK's Merchant Navy and fater long jaunts at sea, began looking up familiar names in a New Orleans telephone directory found in the Westminster Public Library.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Postman's Lament - (4:09) - 143 plays
- The Isle Of Capri - (2:53) - 89 plays
- La Harpe Street Blues - (3:27) - 102 plays
- Stockyard Strut - (3:06) - 85 plays
- Tiger Rag - (4:52) - 74 plays
- Cataract Rag - (3:30) - 48 plays
- The Sheik of Araby - (2:51) - 53 plays
- Moose March - (2:47) - 64 plays
- Under The Bamboo Tree - (6:08) - 38 plays
- Goin' Home - (4:44) - 43 plays