0 Shouts - 41,586 Scrobbles
In 2004, Nels Truesdell and Bob Kress formed Kava Kon as a magical escape from the urban decay surrounding them in their former home city of Detroit. The duo created a new form of music combining the modern with the primitive; electronica and exotica! Kava Kon’s music is influenced by the classic exotica sound of Martin Denny, Arthur Lyman and Bob Drasnin , obscure thrift store vinyl, Hollywood B-movie soundtracks of the ‘50s and ‘60s, Dub pioneers of Jamaica such as King Tubby, Scientist, and Lee "Scratch" Perry and early Detroit techno sounds of Juan Atkins, Drexciya and Jeff Mills.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Behind The Sun - (5:20) - 718 plays
- Palace Of The Tiger Women - (2:48) - 515 plays
- Chinese Surfer - (2:51) - 238 plays
- Cherry Rain - (3:29) - 501 plays
- The Atomic Clock - (3:56) - 280 plays
- zombie - (3:46) - 201 plays
- moon mist - (4:09) - 156 plays
- Turkish Honey - (3:14) - 214 plays
- oceania - (4:47) - 171 plays
- Pacifica 66 - (5:18) - 173 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online