19 Shouts - 41,541 Scrobbles
In 2004, Nels Truesdell and Bob Kress formed Kava Kon as a magical escape from the urban decay surrounding them in their former home city of Detroit. The duo created a new form of music combining the modern with the primitive; electronica and exotica! Kava Kon’s music is influenced by the classic exotica sound of Martin Denny, Arthur Lyman and Bob Drasnin , obscure thrift store vinyl, Hollywood B-movie soundtracks of the ‘50s and ‘60s, Dub pioneers of Jamaica such as King Tubby, Scientist, and Lee "Scratch" Perry and early Detroit techno sounds of Juan Atkins, Drexciya and Jeff Mills.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Behind The Sun - (5:20) - 713 plays
- Palace Of The Tiger Women - (2:48) - 459 plays
- Cherry Rain - (3:29) - 503 plays
- Chinese Surfer - (2:51) - 224 plays
- The Atomic Clock - (3:56) - 271 plays
- Turkish Honey - (3:14) - 202 plays
- zombie - (3:46) - 184 plays
- The Exotic Traveler - (4:03) - 251 plays
- The Killing River (Without The Sun, Moon, Or Stars) - (3:16) - 279 plays
- Pacifica 66 - (5:18) - 163 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online