17 Shouts - 35,251 Scrobbles
In 2004, Nels Truesdell and Bob Kress formed Kava Kon as a magical escape from the urban decay surrounding them in their former home city of Detroit. The duo created a new form of music combining the modern with the primitive; electronica and exotica! Kava Kon’s music is influenced by the classic exotica sound of Martin Denny, Arthur Lyman and Bob Drasnin , obscure thrift store vinyl, Hollywood B-movie soundtracks of the ‘50s and ‘60s, Dub pioneers of Jamaica such as King Tubby, Scientist, and Lee "Scratch" Perry and early Detroit techno sounds of Juan Atkins, Drexciya and Jeff Mills.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Behind The Sun - (5:20) - 274 plays
- Polynesia Poppie - (3:34) - 163 plays
- The Atomic Clock - (3:56) - 134 plays
- Cherry Rain - (3:29) - 116 plays
- Palace Of The Tiger Women - (2:48) - 131 plays
- Chinese Surfer - (2:51) - 118 plays
- Palace of the Tiger Women (remix by The Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble) - (4:32) - 139 plays
- The Exotic Traveler - (4:03) - 121 plays
- Turkish Honey - (3:14) - 92 plays
- The Killing River (Without The Sun, Moon, Or Stars) - (3:16) - 82 plays