17 Shouts - 31,864 Scrobbles
In 2004, Nels Truesdell and Bob Kress formed Kava Kon as a magical escape from the urban decay surrounding them in their former home city of Detroit. The duo created a new form of music combining the modern with the primitive; electronica and exotica! Kava Kon’s music is influenced by the classic exotica sound of Martin Denny, Arthur Lyman and Bob Drasnin , obscure thrift store vinyl, Hollywood B-movie soundtracks of the ‘50s and ‘60s, Dub pioneers of Jamaica such as King Tubby, Scientist, and Lee "Scratch" Perry and early Detroit techno sounds of Juan Atkins, Drexciya and Jeff Mills.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- The Atomic Clock - (3:56) - 220 plays
- Behind The Sun - (5:20) - 174 plays
- Palace Of The Tiger Women - (2:48) - 172 plays
- Cherry Rain - (3:29) - 171 plays
- Palace of the Tiger Women (remix by The Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble) - (4:32) - 187 plays
- moon mist - (4:09) - 195 plays
- Pacifica 66 - (5:18) - 158 plays
- Chinese Surfer - (2:51) - 158 plays
- The Exotic Traveler - (4:03) - 149 plays
- The Killing River (Without The Sun, Moon, Or Stars) - (3:16) - 126 plays