19 Shouts - 38,905 Scrobbles
In 2004, Nels Truesdell and Bob Kress formed Kava Kon as a magical escape from the urban decay surrounding them in their former home city of Detroit. The duo created a new form of music combining the modern with the primitive; electronica and exotica! Kava Kon’s music is influenced by the classic exotica sound of Martin Denny, Arthur Lyman and Bob Drasnin , obscure thrift store vinyl, Hollywood B-movie soundtracks of the ‘50s and ‘60s, Dub pioneers of Jamaica such as King Tubby, Scientist, and Lee "Scratch" Perry and early Detroit techno sounds of Juan Atkins, Drexciya and Jeff Mills.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Behind The Sun - (5:20) - 620 plays
- Polynesia Poppie - (3:34) - 282 plays
- Palace Of The Tiger Women - (2:48) - 331 plays
- The Atomic Clock - (3:56) - 250 plays
- Cherry Rain - (3:29) - 351 plays
- Chinese Surfer - (2:51) - 185 plays
- The Exotic Traveler - (4:03) - 196 plays
- Turkish Honey - (3:14) - 154 plays
- moon mist - (4:09) - 144 plays
- Pacifica 66 - (5:18) - 148 plays