3 Shouts - 5,193 Scrobbles
Katey Red Kenyon "Katey Red" Carter became the first trans(TS) rapper to achieve national exposure with a 1999 single, Melpomene Block Party, and a 2000 full-length CD on Take Fo. What is even more remarkable is the fact that Katey is just one of the most visible of several so-called sissy rappers,queer folk who perform raw, gutta bounce for mixed (straight, gay, queer) audiences in clubs and barrooms throughout the city.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Sally Racket - with Akron/Family - (2:57) - 167 plays
- Melpomene Block Party - (8:09) - 256 plays
- Commercial Break - (7:38) - 66 plays
- Baby Daddy - (3:43) - 73 plays
- Local New Orleans - (4:10) - 39 plays
- Where Da Melph At - (0:30) - 16 plays
- So Much Drama - (3:49) - 13 plays
- Ugly Buggin Me - (4:34) - 12 plays
- Ugly you Buggin - (4:41) - 6 plays
- Lick It! Stick It! - 5 plays