59 Shouts - 1,226,836 Scrobbles
Kate Rusby (born 4 December 1973 in Sheffield; currently based in Penistone, Yorkshire) is an English folksinger and one of the most popular folk singers of traditional English folk songs. She was at the centre of the folk revival in the 1990s which occurred with the coming of age of the children of those who were part of the 60s folk revival. In 2001 The Guardian described her as "a superstar of the British acoustic scene". In 2007 the BBC website described her as "The first lady of young folkies". She is one of the few folk singers to have been nominated for the Mercury Prize.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Underneath The Stars - (3:29) - 5,315 plays
- Awkward Annie - (3:04) - 2,501 plays
- Planets - (4:10) - 1,888 plays
- The Lark - (4:15) - 1,924 plays
- Annan Waters - (5:35) - 1,595 plays
- Who Will Sing Me Lullabies - (2:40) - 1,664 plays
- Bitter boy - (4:53) - 1,643 plays
- Blooming Heather - (4:47) - 1,483 plays
- I Courted a Sailor - (1:59) - 1,377 plays
- Wandering Soul - (4:14) - 1,346 plays