37 Shouts - 125,922 Scrobbles
Karol Maciej Korwin-Szymanowski (born in Tymoszowka, October 3 1882, died March 29, 1937), was a polish composer and pianist, living between the death of Chopin and the rise of the post-World War II generation of Grażyna Bacewicz and Witold Lutosławski. His style developed in three distinct stages: from a strong affinity with Richard Strauss, Alexander Scriabin and fellow countryman Frédéric Chopin, to flavourings of the Orient, the Mediterranean, and the impressionism of Claude Debussy and Maurice Ravel, to a nationalist final period influenced by Polish folk music and the Eastern Church.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Variation 8: Meno mosso: Mesto - (1:31) - 536 plays
- No. 10 Allegramente - Vivace - Con brio - (2:44) - 223 plays
- Andante quasi tempo di mazurka - (1:07) - 201 plays
- Valse Romantique - (3:45) - 218 plays
- Nine Preludes, Op.1 - II Andante con moto - (2:16) - 191 plays
- No. 4: Presto - (1:03) - 160 plays
- Fac me tecum pie flere / Spraw, niech placze z Toba razem: Moderato - (3:48) - 147 plays
- King Roger, Op. 46: Roxana's Song (arr. for violin and piano) - (5:24) - 149 plays
- 20 Mazurkas, Op. 50 : No. 1 - (2:03) - 157 plays
- Violin Concerto No. 2, Op. 61 - (23:25) - 103 plays