431 Shouts - 1,281,533 Scrobbles
Karlheinz Stockhausen (August 22, 1928 - December 5, 2007) was a German composer, widely acknowledged by critics as one of the most important but also controversial composers of the 20th and early 21st centuries. He is known for his ground-breaking work in electronic music, aleatory (controlled chance) in serial composition, and musical spatialization. He was educated at the Hochschule für Musik Köln and the University of Cologne, and later studied with Olivier Messiaen in Paris, and with Werner Meyer-Eppler at the University of Bonn.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Kontakte - (6:22) - 652 plays
- 00'-00' - (2:09) - 421 plays
- Stimmung: Model 1 - (3:03) - 318 plays
- Etude (1952) - (3:35) - 340 plays
- 02'-15' - (4:36) - 306 plays
- Gesang Der Junglinge - 370 plays
- Studie I (1953) - (9:55) - 296 plays
- Stimmung: Model 2 - (1:31) - 263 plays
- Studie II (1954) - (3:50) - 229 plays
- Gesang der Jünglinge - (13:40) - 239 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online