430 Shouts - 1,271,245 Scrobbles
Karlheinz Stockhausen (August 22, 1928 - December 5, 2007) was a German composer, widely acknowledged by critics as one of the most important but also controversial composers of the 20th and early 21st centuries. He is known for his ground-breaking work in electronic music, aleatory (controlled chance) in serial composition, and musical spatialization. He was educated at the Hochschule für Musik Köln and the University of Cologne, and later studied with Olivier Messiaen in Paris, and with Werner Meyer-Eppler at the University of Bonn.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Kontakte - (6:22) - 613 plays
- 00'-00' - (2:09) - 530 plays
- Gesang Der Junglinge - 523 plays
- Etude (1952) - (3:35) - 397 plays
- 02'-15' - (4:36) - 328 plays
- Studie I (1953) - (9:55) - 315 plays
- Studie II (1954) - (3:50) - 285 plays
- 06'-38' - (4:50) - 211 plays
- 11'-38' - (5:33) - 203 plays
- Gesang der Jünglinge - (13:40) - 237 plays