242 Shouts - 2,093,602 Scrobbles
In 2005 Karate announced their demise, quietly closing the door on a 12-year run that included 6 studio albums and almost 700 performances in 20 countries. They exited the indie rock world without much fanfare, except from the small enclaves of devout fans who have followed their music since Geoff Farina's early 90's work with The Secret Stars. The band’s beginnings in the early-90's Boston indie scene, their love for improvised music and classic rock, and their adherence to the DIY punk ethos of their youth made them freaks in any scene...
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Sever - (5:55) - 2,710 plays
- the only minority - (1:02) - 1,246 plays
- The Roots and the Ruins - (3:02) - 2,069 plays
- Water - (5:20) - 1,704 plays
- Small Fires - (6:17) - 1,707 plays
- Airport - (4:41) - 1,745 plays
- This Day Next Year - (11:13) - 1,525 plays
- Number Six - (5:10) - 1,517 plays
- With Age - (3:44) - 1,515 plays
- The Lived-But-Yet-Named - (4:42) - 1,380 plays