0 Shouts - 584,000 Scrobbles
Swedish reggae band from Skarblacka outside of Norrkoping, and one of the founders of the music foundation Blacka Musik.Read More...
The group was founded in the end of the 1970's. In the early 80's the group released a large number of demos, with their sad roots reggae and Swedish lyrics they ended up being a popular local band. In 1985 their first LP was released, Blacka Rasta, which included the best of their demos. Quite heavy roots reggae with political, metaphorical lyrics about large and small things in life; about being unaccepted, clothing brands, military duty, pollution of the environment.
Kalle Baah released their strongest musical album in 1992, called Natural, with lyrics written in English. They released the album on their own label DigiDub, and it became quite popular in Sweden.
The band continued their tour and 1995 they released their album Soon Come.. recorded in Kingston, Jamaica. A much happier and less roots oriented album.
The 10'th of May Kalle Baah released their latest album, Brada Dagar, recorded in their own 'Red Hut Studio'. This album is the first Swedish recording since Blacka Rasta.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Ugly girls - 59,585 plays
- You are my angel - 50,590 plays
- Små svarta änglar - 38,223 plays
- Billie Rude Boy - 18,474 plays
- Starka strömmar - 16,529 plays
- I wanna be the one - 13,288 plays
- Cloak & dagger - 12,338 plays
- Vakande ögon - 13,080 plays
- Bulleribock - 14,683 plays
- Vargarna väntar - 12,656 plays