Junk Yard Band
0 Shouts - 5,347 Scrobbles
Junk Yard Band was a group of teenagers who emulated the go-go sounds popular in southeast section of Washington DC in the early 1980's. Their makeshift equipment mainly consisted of drums made from empty grease buckets that were hauled into the trendy Georgetown district on weekends where they played street corners for tips. The group gained international recognition with their debut single The Word released on Def Jam records that told the struggles of urban life against a heavy sreet beat. The lyrics were chanted raps that claimed then President Reagen had "taken all the food stamp money".
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- The Word - (3:33) - 37 plays
- Sardines - (2:29) - 3 plays
- Happy Holidays To You - (4:54) - 4 plays
- Loose Booty - (4:59) - 3 plays
- Junk's Gettin' Down - (6:00) - 2 plays
- Tiddy Balls Special - (6:56) - 1 plays
- The Word / Sardines - (1:32) - 1 plays
- The Beginning/The End - (0:58) - 1 plays
- Take Me Out to See The Junk Yard Band - (3:17) - 1 plays
- Ruff-It-Off (remix) - (8:16) - 1 plays