0 Shouts - 847,181 Scrobbles
Junior Wells (December 9, 1934 - January 15, 1998), born Amos Blakemore, was a blues vocalist and harmonica player based in Chicago who was famous for playing with Muddy Waters, Buddy Guy, Magic Sam, Lonnie Brooks, The Rolling Stones and Van Morrison.Read More...
He was born in Memphis, Tennessee, and raised in Arkansas. Wells moved to Chicago in 1948 and first made his mark at age 18 playing in Muddy Waters' band. He later worked with Buddy Guy in the 1960s and recorded for Delmark Records. His most memorable songs are "Messin' With the Kid" and "Little by Little," and his best-known album, 1965's Hoodoo Man Blues, which evokes the smoky atmosphere of the era's Westside Chicago blues bars.
Wells made an appearance in the 1998 movie Blues Brothers 2000, the sequel to The Blues Brothers. The movie was released less than a month after his death.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Hoodoo Man Blues - 70,879 plays
- Snatch It Back and Hold It - 66,361 plays
- LyricsWhat's this a-here goin' all around town
The people they say
they're gonna put the kid down
Well hold on, oh look at what you did
You can call it what you want to,
- Ships On The Ocean - 40,031 plays
- In the Wee Hours - 36,890 plays
- Early In The Morning - 36,006 plays
- Good Morning Schoolgirl - 37,157 plays
- Chitlin Con Carne - 35,200 plays
- Hound Dog - 32,168 plays
- We're Ready - 31,123 plays