36 Shouts - 649,752 Scrobbles
Junior Wells (December 9, 1934 - January 15, 1998), born Amos Blakemore, was a blues vocalist and harmonica player based in Chicago who was famous for playing with Muddy Waters, Buddy Guy, Magic Sam, Lonnie Brooks, The Rolling Stones and Van Morrison. He was born in Memphis, Tennessee, and raised in Arkansas. Wells moved to Chicago in 1948 and first made his mark at age 18 playing in Muddy Waters' band. He later worked with Buddy Guy in the 1960s and recorded for Delmark Records.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Snatch It Back and Hold It - (2:53) - 3,778 plays
- Hoodoo Man Blues - (2:04) - 3,716 plays
- Ships On The Ocean - (4:08) - 2,704 plays
- In the Wee Hours - (3:44) - 2,390 plays
- We're Ready - (3:41) - 2,269 plays
- Good Morning Schoolgirl - (3:55) - 2,361 plays
- Come On in This House - (5:52) - 2,081 plays
- Hound Dog - (2:10) - 2,132 plays
- Early In The Morning - (4:23) - 2,031 plays
- Messin' With The Kid - (2:13) - 1,871 plays