20 Shouts - 673,843 Scrobbles
Junior Murvin (born Murvin Smith Jr. in Port Antonio, circa 1949) is a Jamaican reggae artist. He is best known for the classic single "Police and Thieves", produced by Lee "Scratch" Perry in 1976. Murvin's soaring voice and the infectious rhythm made "Police and Thieves" into an international hit during the summer of 1976. The song was so influential that it was recorded by the punk rock pioneers The Clash on their debut album the following year.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Police & Thieves - (3:53) - 10,417 plays
- Police and Thieves - (3:58) - 8,867 plays
- Roots Train - (3:43) - 2,307 plays
- Cool Out Son - (3:18) - 1,328 plays
- Tedious - (5:04) - 1,086 plays
- Bad Weed - (8:16) - 1,112 plays
- Solomon - (3:55) - 1,010 plays
- Rescue Jah Children - (4:46) - 769 plays
- Lucifer - (3:13) - 688 plays
- I Was Appointed - (3:50) - 675 plays