1 Shouts - 94,502 Scrobbles
Mance began playing professionally in his early teens and left college in 1947 to join Gene Ammons' band, where he began his recording career. Mance also worked with Lester Young before being drafted into the U.S. Army in 1951. In the 36th Army Band, he served with another notable Jazz musician: Julian "Cannonball" Adderley. After his discharge from the Army in 1953, Mance worked as a sideman and accompanist with musicians such as Dinah Washington, Cannonball Adderley, and Dizzy Gillespie before recording his first album as a leader and forming his own trio in 1961.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Lilacs In The Rain - (3:40) - 984 plays
- Don't Cha Hear Me Callin' To Ya - (5:09) - 416 plays
- A Smooth One - (3:28) - 345 plays
- Zabuda - (5:04) - 210 plays
- Tin Tin Deo - (4:39) - 274 plays
- Sweet Georgia Brown - (5:41) - 212 plays
- Whisper Not - (7:13) - 157 plays
- I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel To Be Free - (6:02) - 148 plays
- If You Could See Me Now - (3:49) - 124 plays
- Georgia On My Mind - (4:20) - 119 plays