0 Shouts - 58,739 Scrobbles
Valerie June Carter (June 23, 1929 – May 15, 2003), later June Carter Cash, was a singer, songwriter, actress, a member of the first family of country music, The Carter Family, and the second wife of singer Johnny Cash. She played the guitar, banjo, and autoharp.Read More...
As a singer, she had both a solo career and a career singing with, first, her family, and later, her husband. As a solo artist, she became somewhat successful with upbeat country tunes of the 1950s like "Juk".
In 1962, she and Merle Kilgore wrote Ring of Fire, made famous by Johnny Cash.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Jackson - 17,176 plays
- Wildwood Flower - 4,258 plays
- Juke Box Blues - 3,889 plays
- Time's A Wastin' - 2,759 plays
- Time's A-Wastin' - 2,078 plays
- Jukebox Blues - 1,608 plays
- Long-Legged Guitar Pickin' Man - 1,202 plays
- No Swallerin' Place - 989 plays
- We've Got Things to Do - 832 plays
- Country Girl - 618 plays