0 Shouts - 58,795 Scrobbles
Valerie June Carter (June 23, 1929 – May 15, 2003), later June Carter Cash, was a singer, songwriter, actress, a member of the first family of country music, The Carter Family, and the second wife of singer Johnny Cash. She played the guitar, banjo, and autoharp.Read More...
As a singer, she had both a solo career and a career singing with, first, her family, and later, her husband. As a solo artist, she became somewhat successful with upbeat country tunes of the 1950s like "Juk".
In 1962, she and Merle Kilgore wrote Ring of Fire, made famous by Johnny Cash.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Jackson - 17,177 plays
- Wildwood Flower - 4,261 plays
- Juke Box Blues - 3,890 plays
- Time's A Wastin' - 2,759 plays
- Time's A-Wastin' - 2,079 plays
- Jukebox Blues - 1,612 plays
- Long-Legged Guitar Pickin' Man - 1,202 plays
- No Swallerin' Place - 990 plays
- We've Got Things to Do - 833 plays
- Country Girl - 619 plays