Julianna Barwick & Ikue Mori
4 Shouts - 8,468 Scrobbles
The singer and voice manipulator Julianna Barwick has teamed up with former DNA member and longtime New York out-music fixture Ikue Mori to record an improvised LP for FRKWYS, the collaborative, experimental-leaning 12" series from RVNG. It features four pieces that Barwick and Mori composed during a residency at New York's White Columns gallery fall 2010. At White Columns, they performed inside a particle-board cubicle, which separated them into work stations. Video artist Erik Mika filmed the two of them playing, turning them into interactive projections.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Dream Sequence - (12:56) - 177 plays
- Rejoinder - (9:20) - 125 plays
- Rain and Shine at the Lotus Pond - (2:00) - 194 plays
- Stalactite Castle - (13:18) - 127 plays
- Breath Of Spring - (4:36) - 3 plays
- Red Aurora - (6:59) - 2 plays
- Stalactile Castle - (13:07) - 2 plays
- Red Aurora (Bonus Track) - (11:48) - 2 plays
- Breath Of Spring (Bonus Track) - (12:46) - 2 plays