Julianna Barwick & Ikue Mori
4 Shouts - 8,145 Scrobbles
The singer and voice manipulator Julianna Barwick has teamed up with former DNA member and longtime New York out-music fixture Ikue Mori to record an improvised LP for FRKWYS, the collaborative, experimental-leaning 12" series from RVNG. It features four pieces that Barwick and Mori composed during a residency at New York's White Columns gallery fall 2010. At White Columns, they performed inside a particle-board cubicle, which separated them into work stations. Video artist Erik Mika filmed the two of them playing, turning them into interactive projections.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online