19 Shouts - 622,323 Scrobbles
Jules Émile Frédéric Massenet (May 12, 1842 – August 13, 1912) was a French composer from Montaud, France, who was best known for his operas. His compositions were very popular in the late 19th and early 20th centuries, and he ranks as one of the greatest melodists of his era. Soon after his death, Massenet's style went out of fashion, and many of his operas fell into almost total oblivion. Apart from Manon and Werther, his works were rarely performed. However, since the mid-1970s, many operas of his such as Thaïs and Esclarmonde have undergone periodic revivals.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Méditation de Thaïs - (5:02) - 4,670 plays
- Meditation: Méditation from Thaïs - (5:30) - 3,059 plays
- Thaïs: Méditation - (4:51) - 3,731 plays
- Meditation from "Thais" - (4:32) - 1,333 plays
- Thaïs / Acte Deux: Meditation - (6:42) - 1,179 plays
- Meditation - (5:46) - 1,155 plays
- _: Massenet: Méditation [Thaïs] - (6:43) - 705 plays
- Thais - Meditation - (5:16) - 916 plays
- Massenet: Meditation - Meditation from "Thais" - (5:40) - 672 plays
- Meditation from Thais - (4:00) - 881 plays