18 Shouts - 595,421 Scrobbles
Jules Émile Frédéric Massenet (May 12, 1842 – August 13, 1912) was a French composer from Montaud, France, who was best known for his operas. His compositions were very popular in the late 19th and early 20th centuries, and he ranks as one of the greatest melodists of his era. Soon after his death, Massenet's style went out of fashion, and many of his operas fell into almost total oblivion. Apart from Manon and Werther, his works were rarely performed. However, since the mid-1970s, many operas of his such as Thaïs and Esclarmonde have undergone periodic revivals.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Massenet: Meditation - Meditation from "Thais" - (5:40) - 2,801 plays
- Thaïs: Méditation - (4:51) - 2,556 plays
- Méditation de Thaïs - (5:02) - 2,387 plays
- Les Érinnyes: Élégie - (3:57) - 1,412 plays
- Meditation from "Thais" - (4:32) - 1,453 plays
- Meditation: Méditation from Thaïs - (5:30) - 1,010 plays
- Thais - Meditation - (5:16) - 1,154 plays
- Meditation - (5:46) - 1,144 plays
- Thaïs / Acte Deux: Meditation - (6:42) - 730 plays
- Meditation from Thais - (4:00) - 860 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online