18 Shouts - 587,947 Scrobbles
Jules Émile Frédéric Massenet (May 12, 1842 – August 13, 1912) was a French composer from Montaud, France, who was best known for his operas. His compositions were very popular in the late 19th and early 20th centuries, and he ranks as one of the greatest melodists of his era. Soon after his death, Massenet's style went out of fashion, and many of his operas fell into almost total oblivion. Apart from Manon and Werther, his works were rarely performed. However, since the mid-1970s, many operas of his such as Thaïs and Esclarmonde have undergone periodic revivals.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Massenet: Meditation - Meditation from "Thais" - (5:40) - 3,247 plays
- Thaïs: Méditation - (4:51) - 2,196 plays
- Méditation de Thaïs - (5:02) - 1,864 plays
- Les Érinnyes: Élégie - (3:57) - 1,258 plays
- Meditation from "Thais" - (4:32) - 1,197 plays
- Thais - Meditation - (5:16) - 1,128 plays
- Meditation - (5:46) - 1,080 plays
- Meditation: Méditation from Thaïs - (5:30) - 597 plays
- Meditation from Thais - (4:00) - 865 plays
- Thaïs / Acte Deux: Meditation - (6:42) - 504 plays