44 Shouts - 920,222 Scrobbles
Judy Collins (born Judith Marjorie Collins on May 1, 1939, in Seattle, Washington) is an American singer and songwriter known for the eclectic range of material she records (which has included folk, show tunes, pop, and rock and roll, as well as and standards) and for her social activism. Beginning in 1959, she was drawn to the music of Woody Guthrie and Pete Seeger, and the traditional songs of the folk revival of the early 1960s. In 1968 she was awarded a Grammy for "Both Sides Now". Since then she has had an enviable reputation as a singer and for her own compositions.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsBows and flows of angel hair
And ice cream castles in the air
And feather canyons everywhere
I've looked at clouds that way
But now they only block the sun
- LyricsAmazing grace, how sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost, but now I'm found
Was blind, but now I see
'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear
- LyricsIsn't it rich? Are we a pair?
Me here at last on the ground, you in mid-air
Where are the clowns?
Isn't it bliss? Don't you approve?
One who keeps tearing around, one who can't move
- Someday Soon - (3:43) - 1,513 plays
- LyricsThere are places I remember all my life
Though some have changed
Some forever, not for better
Some are gone and some remain
All these places have their meanings
- The Little Road To Bethlehem - (2:49) - 935 plays
- Suzanne - (4:25) - 1,097 plays
- Song for Judith (Open the Door) - (4:06) - 887 plays
- Albatross - (4:52) - 783 plays
- Who Knows Where The Time Goes - (7:24) - 625 plays