9,958 Shouts - 79,443,901 Scrobbles
Joy Division were a post-punk band formed in 1976 in Salford, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom. Originally named Warsaw, the band consisted of Ian Curtis (vocals and occasional guitar), Bernard Sumner (guitar and keyboards), Peter Hook (bass guitar and backing vocals) and Stephen Morris (drums and percussion). The band dissolved in May 1980 after the suicide of its lead singer, Ian Curtis. Much of their popularity/reputation arguably resulted from frequent playings on air by iconic DJ John Peel...
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Love Will Tear Us Apart - (3:25) - 335,774 plays
- LyricsI've been waiting for a guide to come and take me by the hand
Could these sensations make me feel the pleasures of a normal man?
New sensations bear the innocence, leave them for another day
I've got the spirit, lose the feeling, take the shock away
It's getting faster, moving faster now, it's getting out of hand
- She's Lost Control - (4:45) - 192,893 plays
- Shadowplay - (3:55) - 163,314 plays
- Transmission - (3:02) - 163,716 plays
- New Dawn Fades - (4:48) - 136,310 plays
- Atmosphere - (4:11) - 113,338 plays
- Isolation - (2:53) - 97,457 plays
- Insight - (4:27) - 94,106 plays
- Digital - (2:53) - 91,526 plays