9,796 Shouts - 76,553,092 Scrobbles
Joy Division were a post-punk band formed in 1976 in Salford, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom. The band dissolved in May 1980 after the suicide of its lead singer, Ian Curtis. Much of their popularity/reputation arguably resulted from frequent playings on air by iconic DJ John Peel, but it is easy now to overlook the impact that the first album, Unknown Pleasures, had on post-punk music at the time, as reference the number of prominent bands that cited this album as an influence.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Love Will Tear Us Apart - (3:25) - 342,225 plays
- Disorder - (3:31) - 273,533 plays
- She's Lost Control - (4:45) - 218,982 plays
- Shadowplay - (3:55) - 179,798 plays
- Transmission - (3:02) - 175,258 plays
- New Dawn Fades - (4:48) - 158,996 plays
- Atmosphere - (4:11) - 123,764 plays
- Insight - (4:27) - 111,905 plays
- Isolation - (2:53) - 111,102 plays
- Day of the Lords - (4:31) - 105,348 plays