9,739 Shouts - 75,733,768 Scrobbles
Joy Division were a post-punk band formed in 1976 in Salford, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom. The band dissolved in May 1980 after the suicide of its lead singer, Ian Curtis. Much of their popularity/reputation arguably resulted from frequent playings on air by iconic DJ John Peel, but it is easy now to overlook the impact that the first album, Unknown Pleasures, had on post-punk music at the time, as reference the number of prominent bands that cited this album as an influence.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Love Will Tear Us Apart - (3:25) - 340,399 plays
- Disorder - (3:31) - 276,491 plays
- She's Lost Control - (4:45) - 221,754 plays
- Shadowplay - (3:55) - 181,167 plays
- Transmission - (3:02) - 175,218 plays
- New Dawn Fades - (4:48) - 160,199 plays
- Atmosphere - (4:11) - 125,191 plays
- Insight - (4:27) - 114,346 plays
- Isolation - (2:53) - 111,514 plays
- Day of the Lords - (4:31) - 106,426 plays