163 Shouts - 2,296,093 Scrobbles
Joshua James has been writing and singing songs for only six short years, but the 25-year-old heartland poet has the perspective of a wise, old soul. On his second album, Build Me This, the follow-up to his critically acclaimed The Sun Is Always Brighter, produced by industry veteran Shannon Edgar, James expands his musical palette to foreboding doom-laden hard rock. Progressing from folkish harmonies, to country twang, world beats and southern home rock while further exploring themes of spiritual searching and heartbreaking loss.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Lyricswell i got another letter in the mail today
after 27 lines i hadn't a thing to say
it said "i love you little brother but i don't know why you let your hair get long and your soul grow tired"
and so i took another walk into the grocery mall
and i took a couple of photos of the bathroom stalls
- To Be Alone With You - (3:32) - 6,568 plays
- LyricsI ain't cutting my hair till the good lord comes.
I ain't cutting my hair till the good lord comes.
I ain't cutting my hair till the good lord comes
Arrive upon the mountain just to see what we have done,
I ain't cutting my hair, cutting till the good lord comes.
- Lyricswell if i wrote it in your letter then it don't mean shit
i am a liar, a dirty wire
you could name my body but it'll make you sick
you have a savior, it's your, your heart of anger
but my dog ain't nothing, he ain't nothing like my lover
- Lyricsdidn't anyone mention
didn't anyone mention hate is all we show
love is not a sign we care to know
you cut half your heart, it makes it hard to grow
and soon you will know
- Mystic - (4:04) - 2,233 plays
- Surrender - (3:31) - 1,686 plays
- Dramamine - (3:33) - 1,373 plays
- Ghost in the Town - (3:00) - 1,775 plays
- FM Radio - (2:24) - 1,874 plays