Joseph Allard, fiddler, composer, born in Woodland, Maine, 1 Feb 1873, died near Montreal 14 Nov 1947. The son of a fiddler, he was taken as a child to Quebec and at nine began fiddling. He returned to the USA at 16 and during the next 28 years won fiddling championships in New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and Massachusetts. Returning to Canada ca 1917, he eventually settled in Ville St-Pierre, near Montreal.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Le Reel de Bellechasse - 3 plays
- Le reel des habitants - (2:51) - 3 plays
- La Mère Blanche - (2:47) - 3 plays
- Valse du Coq - Rooster Waltz - (2:58) - 1 plays
- Reel des skieurs - (2:53) - 3 plays
- Reel des ouvrier, ou, [Reel de - (2:47) - 1 plays
- Reel du Pont - The Bridge Reel - (2:55) - 1 plays
- Reel des Sucres - Reel of Sweets - (2:47) - 1 plays
- Jigue Canadienne - Canadian Jig - (2:50) - 1 plays
- Reel du Pecheur - Fisherman's Reel - (2:49) - 1 plays