0 Shouts - 27,080 Scrobbles
1) Video game music remixer from the OC Remix community.Read More...
2) Joe Acosta (born October 31, 1950, Santurce, Puerto Rico) is a salsa piano player and one of the pioneers of Latin music in the U.S. in the early 1970s.
Acosta migrated to New York City in 1953 and settled in East Harlem, a neighborhood with many salsa musicians.
Acosta started his first band in 1969. During his tenure at MSM he also played with many of the local bands including Johnny Colon's Band (playing both trombone and piano), The TNT Band, The Latinjazzmen, and Joe Bataan.
In the early 1970s, Acosta became more successful and recorded, Acosta recorded his first LP, "The Power of Love", on Ghetto Records. Acosta wrote most of the tunes including the 21 week Billboard Latin Top 10 single " I Need Her". By the end of the 1970's, Acosta and his band had recorded the LP's "Asi Soy Yo" and "Encore" and performed in Puerto Rico, Spain, Columbia and Venezuela.
Joe Acosta also enjoyed playing salsa and Latin jazz on many recordings for SMC-Pro Arte records. He also recorded the Ray Rivera hit "Listen to Louie" for SMC Pro-Arte.
During his musical career Joe Acosta has played and recorded with Joe Quijano, Tony Pabon and La Protesta, Bobby Rodriguez, Joe Cuba, Orchestra Flamboyan, Vitin Aviles, Ismael Rivera, Orchestra Broadway, Yomo Toro and Mon Rivera. He has written and arranged songs for many artists.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Ninja Gaiden Emulated OC ReMix - 8,492 plays
- Golden Axe GoldenAxe2002 OC ReMix - 7,714 plays
- Zanac X-Mix OC ReMix - 6,414 plays
- Octopus (Darin Epsilon Remix) - 2,294 plays
- Golden Axe 'Golden Axe 2002' OC ReMix - 217 plays
- Zanac 'X-Mix' OC ReMix - 209 plays
- Ninja Gaiden 'Emulated' OC ReMix - 215 plays
- Appreciate Me (Original Mix) - 81 plays
- State - 38 plays
- State (Original Mix) - 53 plays