José Mário Branco
9 Shouts - 43,004 Scrobbles
José Mário Branco is a portuguese musician and composer. He began his career under the portuguese fascist regime and was persecuted and exiled in France. He worked with José Afonso and Sérgio Godinho, among other proeminent names of portuguese music.
With a strong personality and a rarely seen coherence in his resistent's beliefs he worked also for theatre and cinema. Some of his most known works are "Ser Solid(t)ário", "Margem de Certa Maneira", "A noite" and the iconic "FMI", where the portuguese revolutionary movement, with his dreams and frustrations, finds a musical synthesis.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Mudam-Se Os Tempos, Mudam-Se As Vontades - (2:54) - 265 plays
- O Charlatão - (4:12) - 120 plays
- Inquietação - (3:49) - 128 plays
- Mariazinha - (4:16) - 96 plays
- Cantiga Do Fogo E Da Guerra - (2:57) - 73 plays
- Queixa Das Almas Jovens Censuradas - (4:14) - 83 plays
- Nevoeiro - (2:52) - 49 plays
- Casa Comigo Marta - (2:28) - 47 plays
- Cantiga Para Pedir Dois Tostões - (4:33) - 54 plays
- Perfilados De Medo - (7:13) - 37 plays