149 Shouts - 1,189,004 Scrobbles
Born and raised in Minneapolis, José James came of age with the sounds of Prince, hip-hop and Modern jazz. Discovering an early passion for both music and creative writing, José combined these through performance – singing jazz standards, originals, and the works of John Coltrane with his quartet throughout the Twin Cites. Becoming a member of the groundbreaking avant-garde performance poetry and jazz ensemble Ancestor Energy, José was determined to devote his life to music, community, and spiritual unity.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Trouble - (3:29) - 4,328 plays
- It's All Over Your Body - (5:30) - 3,125 plays
- Come to My Door - (5:06) - 3,574 plays
- Vanguard - (4:57) - 2,853 plays
- Do You Feel - (7:37) - 2,127 plays
- Make It Right - (5:14) - 2,194 plays
- Bird of Space - (8:38) - 2,009 plays
- No Beginning No End - (5:37) - 1,736 plays
- Tomorrow - (5:23) - 1,573 plays
- Sword + Gun (feat. Hindi Zahra) - (4:59) - 1,910 plays