143 Shouts - 1,030,179 Scrobbles
Born and raised in Minneapolis, José James came of age with the sounds of Prince, hip-hop and Modern jazz. Discovering an early passion for both music and creative writing, José combined these through performance – singing jazz standards, originals, and the works of John Coltrane with his quartet throughout the Twin Cites. Becoming a member of the groundbreaking avant-garde performance poetry and jazz ensemble Ancestor Energy, José was determined to devote his life to music, community, and spiritual unity.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Trouble - (3:29) - 7,609 plays
- It's All Over Your Body - (5:30) - 6,049 plays
- Come to My Door - (5:06) - 5,269 plays
- Vanguard - (4:57) - 5,068 plays
- Do You Feel - (7:37) - 3,997 plays
- Make It Right - (5:14) - 3,783 plays
- Bird of Space - (8:38) - 3,762 plays
- Sword + Gun (feat. Hindi Zahra) - (4:59) - 4,001 plays
- No Beginning No End - (5:37) - 3,190 plays
- Heaven On The Ground (feat. Emily King) - (4:10) - 4,109 plays