13 Shouts - 22,909 Scrobbles
Jonathan Harvey (born 3 May 1939 in Sutton Coldfield - died 5 December 2012) was a British composer. He studied with Erwin Stein and Hans Keller at St John's College, Cambridge, eventually obtaining a PhD. Early musical influences included Schoenberg, Berg, Messiaen and Britten. While undertaking postgraduate study at Glasgow University, Harvey was a 'cellist in the BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra. Around this time, he became interested in the music of Karlheinz Stockhausen.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Mortuos plango, vivos voco - (9:06) - 272 plays
- Tombeau de Messiaen - (8:42) - 96 plays
- Mythic Figures - (8:25) - 30 plays
- Ritual Melodies - (13:28) - 31 plays
- Remember, O Lord - (3:03) - 15 plays
- Other Presences - (11:08) - 20 plays
- Imaginings II - (4:43) - 13 plays
- Nataraja - (11:05) - 10 plays
- Imaginings IV - (3:47) - 11 plays
- Advaya - (19:35) - 10 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online