12 Shouts - 21,465 Scrobbles
Jonathan Harvey (born 3 May 1939 in Sutton Coldfield - died 5 December 2012) was a British composer. He studied with Erwin Stein and Hans Keller at St John's College, Cambridge, eventually obtaining a PhD. Early musical influences included Schoenberg, Berg, Messiaen and Britten. While undertaking postgraduate study at Glasgow University, Harvey was a 'cellist in the BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra. Around this time, he became interested in the music of Karlheinz Stockhausen.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Mortuos plango, vivos voco - (9:06) - 170 plays
- Tombeau de Messiaen - (8:42) - 61 plays
- Ritual Melodies - (13:28) - 20 plays
- 4 Images after Yeats I - (0:47) - 12 plays
- 4 Images After Yeats II - (2:08) - 13 plays
- Other Presences - (11:08) - 11 plays
- Mythic Figures - (8:25) - 8 plays
- Ricercare una melodia - (5:50) - 6 plays
- The Angels - (4:07) - 11 plays
- Mouvement I - (5:58) - 5 plays