Jon King, born 8 June 1955, London, is a singer, musician and founding member of the Leeds based UK rock band Gang of Four. The band's main lyricist and co-songwriter, he sings in the group as well as playing melodica and percussion such as a microwave oven or wooden block (using a baseball bat or a stick), the latter notably on the song "He'd Send In the Army." Jon Pareles in The New York Times described King's lyrics as "bitterly analytical, infused with theories from Marx, Adorno, Baudrillard and Godard...
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- All Over Town - (3:19) - 2 plays
- Set Fire - (3:35) - 2 plays
- Mutterlein - (4:14) - 2 plays
- Vacationland - (2:43) - 2 plays
- 2 A.M. - (3:09) - 2 plays
- Magellanic Tapaculo (Scytalopus magellanicus) - (2:14) - 1 plays
- Chucao Tapaculo (Scelorchilus rubecula) - (1:11) - 1 plays
- Fearfully In Danger - (3:42) - 1 plays
- White-throated Tapaculo (Scelorchilus albicollis) - (0:30) - 3 plays