54 Shouts - 528,231 Scrobbles
Jon Hassell (born March 22, 1937, Memphis, Tennessee) is an American musician and trumpet player. He is most well-known for his special trumpet technique learned from training with Indian classical musicians such as singer Pandit Pran Nath. Hassell learned to apply a unique style of trumpet playing by mimicking Nath's vocal stylings, and later connected with Brian Eno and began using harmonizer effects on his recordings. Hassell is also known as the creator of "Fourth World" music, which is a combination of ancient music and "futuristic" technological treatments.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Delta Rain Dream - (3:28) - 1,140 plays
- Chemistry - (6:52) - 1,102 plays
- Empire II - (4:52) - 1,069 plays
- Empire III - (7:07) - 916 plays
- Ba-benzele - (6:15) - 624 plays
- Empire I - (2:00) - 750 plays
- Griot (Over 'Contagious Magic') - Live - (4:02) - 533 plays
- Rising Thermal 14 16' N; 32 28' E - (3:07) - 532 plays
- Aurora - (5:23) - 1,006 plays
- Charm (Over 'Burundi Cloud') - (21:25) - 471 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online