47 Shouts - 457,860 Scrobbles
Jon Hassell (born March 22, 1937, Memphis, Tennessee) is an American musician and trumpet player. He is most well-known for his special trumpet technique learned from training with Indian classical musicians such as singer Pandit Pran Nath. Hassell learned to apply a unique style of trumpet playing by mimicking Nath's vocal stylings, and later connected with Brian Eno and began using harmonizer effects on his recordings. Hassell is also known as the creator of "Fourth World" music, which is a combination of ancient music and "futuristic" technological treatments.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Empire I - (2:00) - 830 plays
- Chemistry - (6:52) - 760 plays
- Empire II - (4:52) - 830 plays
- Delta Rain Dream - (3:28) - 669 plays
- Toucan Ocean - (3:53) - 681 plays
- Empire III - (7:07) - 695 plays
- Aurora - (5:23) - 995 plays
- Ba-benzele - (6:15) - 435 plays
- Blues Nile - (9:57) - 556 plays
- Caracas Night September 11, 1975 - (2:14) - 445 plays