46 Shouts - 443,890 Scrobbles
Jon Hassell (born March 22, 1937, Memphis, Tennessee) is an American musician and trumpet player. He is most well-known for his special trumpet technique learned from training with Indian classical musicians such as singer Pandit Pran Nath. Hassell learned to apply a unique style of trumpet playing by mimicking Nath's vocal stylings, and later connected with Brian Eno and began using harmonizer effects on his recordings. Hassell is also known as the creator of "Fourth World" music, which is a combination of ancient music and "futuristic" technological treatments.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Empire I - (2:00) - 750 plays
- Chemistry - (6:52) - 669 plays
- Empire II - (4:52) - 708 plays
- Toucan Ocean - (3:53) - 590 plays
- Empire III - (7:07) - 644 plays
- Delta Rain Dream - (3:28) - 584 plays
- Aurora - (5:23) - 1,120 plays
- Caracas Night September 11, 1975 - (2:14) - 454 plays
- Gift of Fire - (4:41) - 452 plays
- Blues Nile - (9:57) - 490 plays
- The Hot 100: The 10 Biggest Songs On The Billboard Charts
- Rebecca Black Enters Billboard’s Hot 100 Chart With “Saturday”
- Nirvana To Be Inducted Into The Rock N’ Roll Hall Of Fame
- Eminem ft. Rihanna’s “The Monster”: A Sequel To “Love The Way You Lie”?
- Garth Brooks Rules The Billboard 200 Chart With New Release