50 Shouts - 466,014 Scrobbles
Jon Hassell (born March 22, 1937, Memphis, Tennessee) is an American musician and trumpet player. He is most well-known for his special trumpet technique learned from training with Indian classical musicians such as singer Pandit Pran Nath. Hassell learned to apply a unique style of trumpet playing by mimicking Nath's vocal stylings, and later connected with Brian Eno and began using harmonizer effects on his recordings. Hassell is also known as the creator of "Fourth World" music, which is a combination of ancient music and "futuristic" technological treatments.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Chemistry - (6:52) - 819 plays
- Empire I - (2:00) - 868 plays
- Delta Rain Dream - (3:28) - 707 plays
- Empire II - (4:52) - 881 plays
- Toucan Ocean - (3:53) - 768 plays
- Empire III - (7:07) - 735 plays
- Aurora - (5:23) - 1,057 plays
- Ba-benzele - (6:15) - 464 plays
- Blues Nile - (9:57) - 578 plays
- Griot (Over 'Contagious Magic') - Live - (4:02) - 395 plays