51 Shouts - 490,608 Scrobbles
Jon Hassell (born March 22, 1937, Memphis, Tennessee) is an American musician and trumpet player. He is most well-known for his special trumpet technique learned from training with Indian classical musicians such as singer Pandit Pran Nath. Hassell learned to apply a unique style of trumpet playing by mimicking Nath's vocal stylings, and later connected with Brian Eno and began using harmonizer effects on his recordings. Hassell is also known as the creator of "Fourth World" music, which is a combination of ancient music and "futuristic" technological treatments.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Chemistry - (6:52) - 810 plays
- Delta Rain Dream - (3:28) - 740 plays
- Empire II - (4:52) - 1,015 plays
- Toucan Ocean - (3:53) - 795 plays
- Empire I - (2:00) - 922 plays
- Empire III - (7:07) - 790 plays
- Aurora - (5:23) - 1,144 plays
- Gift of Fire - (4:41) - 536 plays
- Ba-benzele - (6:15) - 439 plays
- Griot (Over 'Contagious Magic') - Live - (4:02) - 396 plays