53 Shouts - 513,044 Scrobbles
Jon Hassell (born March 22, 1937, Memphis, Tennessee) is an American musician and trumpet player. He is most well-known for his special trumpet technique learned from training with Indian classical musicians such as singer Pandit Pran Nath. Hassell learned to apply a unique style of trumpet playing by mimicking Nath's vocal stylings, and later connected with Brian Eno and began using harmonizer effects on his recordings. Hassell is also known as the creator of "Fourth World" music, which is a combination of ancient music and "futuristic" technological treatments.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Delta Rain Dream - (3:28) - 753 plays
- Chemistry - (6:52) - 756 plays
- Empire II - (4:52) - 1,114 plays
- Empire III - (7:07) - 883 plays
- Empire I - (2:00) - 898 plays
- Toucan Ocean - (3:53) - 651 plays
- Aurora - (5:23) - 854 plays
- Gift of Fire - (4:41) - 725 plays
- Ba-benzele - (6:15) - 426 plays
- Courage - (3:38) - 525 plays