30 Shouts - 515,360 Scrobbles
Johnny Tillotson (born 20 April 1938 in Jacksonville, Florida, USA) is an American singer and songwriter. He enjoyed his greatest success in the early 1960s, when he scored 9 top-ten hits on the pop, country and adult contemporary billboard charts including "Poetry In Motion" and the self-penned "It Keeps Right On A-Hurtin'". In 1957 while still in high school, Tillotson was making records and performing on stage; as a student at the University of Florida, he had his own musical variety show on regional television.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsPoetry in motion, walking by my side
Her lovely locomotion keeps my eyes open wide
Poetry in motion, see her gentle sway
All waves out in the ocean could never move that way
I love every movement, there's nothing I would change
- It Keeps Right On A-Hurtin' - (2:50) - 986 plays
- LyricsTalk back trembling lips
Shaky legs don't just stand there
Don't let her know that
She's getting through to to you
Talk back trembling lips
- LyricsEarth angel earth angel will you be mine
My darling dear love you all the time
I'm just a fool a fool in love with you
Earth angel earth angel the one I adore
Love you forever and ever more
- LyricsOooo - Oooo - Oooo - Oooo.......
My darlin' I have often thought of things we used to do,
And now I sit and wonder why you're gone and left me blue,
You said you'd never leave me, you said you'd never go,
Oh my darlin', why do I love you so?
- Without You - (2:11) - 482 plays
- Send Me the Pillow You Dream On - (2:57) - 330 plays
- Dreamy Eyes - (2:22) - 318 plays
- Send Me The Pillow That you Dream On - (2:54) - 317 plays
- You Can Never Stop Me Loving You - (2:44) - 207 plays