28 Shouts - 454,338 Scrobbles
Johnny Tillotson (born 20 April 1938 in Jacksonville, Florida, USA) is an American singer and songwriter. He enjoyed his greatest success in the early 1960s, when he scored 9 top-ten hits on the pop, country and adult contemporary billboard charts including "Poetry In Motion" and the self-penned "It Keeps Right On A-Hurtin'". In 1957 while still in high school, Tillotson was making records and performing on stage; as a student at the University of Florida, he had his own musical variety show on regional television.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsPoetry in motion, walking by my side
Her lovely locomotion keeps my eyes open wide
Poetry in motion, see her gentle sway
All waves out in the ocean could never move that way
I love every movement, there's nothing I would change
- It Keeps Right On A-Hurtin' - (2:47) - 1,351 plays
- LyricsYou made me happy you made me sing
But now without you I've lost everything
And I know know it's true that I I must go through
All my life all my life without you
No one to talk to when I'm alone
- LyricsEarth angel earth angel will you be mine
My darling dear love you all the time
I'm just a fool a fool in love with you
Earth angel earth angel the one I adore
Love you forever and ever more
- LyricsOooo - Oooo - Oooo - Oooo.......
My darlin' I have often thought of things we used to do,
And now I sit and wonder why you're gone and left me blue,
You said you'd never leave me, you said you'd never go,
Oh my darlin', why do I love you so?
- Talk Back Trembling Lips - (2:40) - 544 plays
- Send Me The Pillow That you Dream On - (2:54) - 493 plays
- Send Me the Pillow You Dream On - (2:15) - 395 plays
- Dreamy Eyes - (2:22) - 371 plays
- Poetry In Motion (Re-Recorded) - (0:30) - 372 plays