Johnny Thunders & The Heartbreakers
81 Shouts - 886,238 Scrobbles
The Heartbreakers were a punk rock group formed in New York in May 1975 by Johnny Thunders (vocals/guitar) and Jerry Nolan (drums), who had just quit the New York Dolls, and Richard Hell (vocals/bass), who left Television the same week. After a few shows, they added Walter Lure (vocals/guitar), who had played with a group called the Demons. In 1976, Hell tried to persuade Nolan and Lure to kick Thunders out, but Nolan was too close with Johnny and kicked Hell out instead. He was replaced by Billy Rath, who, according to legend, was a gigolo.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Chinese Rocks - (2:57) - 2,865 plays
- Born to Lose - (3:04) - 3,068 plays
- One Track Mind - (2:39) - 1,452 plays
- All by Myself - (3:31) - 1,552 plays
- Pirate Love - (5:18) - 1,197 plays
- It's Not Enough - (4:08) - 1,195 plays
- I Wanna Be Loved - (2:39) - 1,043 plays
- Baby Talk - (2:21) - 829 plays
- I Love You - (2:05) - 719 plays
- Get Off the Phone - (2:22) - 764 plays