Johnny Thunders & The Heartbreakers
81 Shouts - 882,906 Scrobbles
The Heartbreakers were a punk rock group formed in New York in May 1975 by Johnny Thunders (vocals/guitar) and Jerry Nolan (drums), who had just quit the New York Dolls, and Richard Hell (vocals/bass), who left Television the same week. After a few shows, they added Walter Lure (vocals/guitar), who had played with a group called the Demons. In 1976, Hell tried to persuade Nolan and Lure to kick Thunders out, but Nolan was too close with Johnny and kicked Hell out instead. He was replaced by Billy Rath, who, according to legend, was a gigolo.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Chinese Rocks - (2:57) - 3,050 plays
- Born to Lose - (3:04) - 3,072 plays
- One Track Mind - (2:39) - 1,601 plays
- Pirate Love - (5:18) - 1,342 plays
- All by Myself - (3:31) - 1,615 plays
- It's Not Enough - (4:08) - 1,326 plays
- I Wanna Be Loved - (2:39) - 1,136 plays
- Baby Talk - (2:21) - 970 plays
- Get Off the Phone - (2:22) - 929 plays
- I Love You - (2:05) - 798 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online