Johnny Thunders & The Heartbreakers
81 Shouts - 888,871 Scrobbles
The Heartbreakers were a punk rock group formed in New York in May 1975 by Johnny Thunders (vocals/guitar) and Jerry Nolan (drums), who had just quit the New York Dolls, and Richard Hell (vocals/bass), who left Television the same week. After a few shows, they added Walter Lure (vocals/guitar), who had played with a group called the Demons. In 1976, Hell tried to persuade Nolan and Lure to kick Thunders out, but Nolan was too close with Johnny and kicked Hell out instead. He was replaced by Billy Rath, who, according to legend, was a gigolo.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Chinese Rocks - (2:57) - 2,692 plays
- Born to Lose - (3:04) - 2,983 plays
- One Track Mind - (2:39) - 1,370 plays
- All by Myself - (3:31) - 1,499 plays
- Pirate Love - (5:18) - 1,145 plays
- It's Not Enough - (4:08) - 1,104 plays
- I Wanna Be Loved - (2:39) - 1,005 plays
- I Love You - (2:05) - 696 plays
- Baby Talk - (2:21) - 797 plays
- Get Off the Phone - (2:22) - 729 plays