Johnny Thunders & The Heartbreakers
81 Shouts - 870,694 Scrobbles
The Heartbreakers were a punk rock group formed in New York in May 1975 by Johnny Thunders (vocals/guitar) and Jerry Nolan (drums), who had just quit the New York Dolls, and Richard Hell (vocals/bass), who left Television the same week. After a few shows, they added Walter Lure (vocals/guitar), who had played with a group called the Demons. In 1976, Hell tried to persuade Nolan and Lure to kick Thunders out, but Nolan was too close with Johnny and kicked Hell out instead. He was replaced by Billy Rath, who, according to legend, was a gigolo.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Chinese Rocks - (2:57) - 3,155 plays
- Born to Lose - (3:04) - 3,218 plays
- One Track Mind - (2:39) - 1,737 plays
- All by Myself - (3:31) - 1,626 plays
- Pirate Love - (5:18) - 1,434 plays
- It's Not Enough - (4:08) - 1,392 plays
- I Wanna Be Loved - (2:39) - 1,266 plays
- Baby Talk - (2:21) - 1,078 plays
- Get Off the Phone - (2:22) - 1,043 plays
- I Love You - (2:05) - 945 plays