Johnny Thunders & The Heartbreakers
81 Shouts - 868,830 Scrobbles
The Heartbreakers were a punk rock group formed in New York in May 1975 by Johnny Thunders (vocals/guitar) and Jerry Nolan (drums), who had just quit the New York Dolls, and Richard Hell (vocals/bass), who left Television the same week. After a few shows, they added Walter Lure (vocals/guitar), who had played with a group called the Demons. In 1976, Hell tried to persuade Nolan and Lure to kick Thunders out, but Nolan was too close with Johnny and kicked Hell out instead. He was replaced by Billy Rath, who, according to legend, was a gigolo.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Chinese Rocks - (2:57) - 3,310 plays
- Born to Lose - (3:04) - 3,285 plays
- One Track Mind - (2:39) - 1,762 plays
- Pirate Love - (5:18) - 1,520 plays
- All by Myself - (3:31) - 1,733 plays
- It's Not Enough - (4:08) - 1,550 plays
- I Wanna Be Loved - (2:39) - 1,334 plays
- Baby Talk - (2:21) - 1,182 plays
- Get Off the Phone - (2:22) - 1,106 plays
- I Love You - (2:05) - 1,027 plays