Johnny Thunders & The Heartbreakers
79 Shouts - 836,375 Scrobbles
The Heartbreakers were a punk rock group formed in New York in May 1975 by Johnny Thunders (vocals/guitar) and Jerry Nolan (drums), who had just quit the New York Dolls, and Richard Hell (vocals/bass), who left Television the same week. After a few shows, they added Walter Lure (vocals/guitar), who had played with a group called the Demons. In 1976, Hell tried to persuade Nolan and Lure to kick Thunders out, but Nolan was too close with Johnny and kicked Hell out instead. He was replaced by Billy Rath, who, according to legend, was a gigolo.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Chinese Rocks - (2:57) - 4,890 plays
- Born to Lose - (3:04) - 3,942 plays
- One Track Mind - (2:39) - 2,359 plays
- All by Myself - (3:31) - 2,461 plays
- Pirate Love - (5:18) - 1,993 plays
- It's Not Enough - (4:08) - 1,974 plays
- Get Off the Phone - (2:22) - 1,824 plays
- I Love You - (2:05) - 1,500 plays
- I Wanna Be Loved - (2:39) - 1,733 plays
- Baby Talk - (2:21) - 1,591 plays