9 Shouts - 165,225 Scrobbles
Johnny Smith, (born John Henry Smith, Jr. on June 25, 1922 in Birmingham, Alabama) is an American jazz guitarist, although he does not consider himself to be a musician in the idiom. His most critically acclaimed album was "Moonlight in Vermont" (one of Downbeat magazine's top two jazz records for 1952, featuring saxophonists Stan Getz and Zoot Sims). Smith's playing is characterized by closed-position chord voicings and rapidly ascending lines (reminiscent of Django, but more diatonic than chromatically-based).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Moonlight in Vermont - (3:07) - 224 plays
- Golden Earrings - (3:02) - 343 plays
- Shenandoah - (1:46) - 148 plays
- Macho's Lullaby - (2:07) - 328 plays
- 'Round Midnight - (2:47) - 305 plays
- Where or When - (2:27) - 147 plays
- I'm Old Fashioned - (2:20) - 313 plays
- Walk, Don't Run! - 2004 Digital Remaster - (2:49) - 135 plays
- Jaguar - (2:33) - 119 plays
- Walk Don't Run - (3:18) - 188 plays