9 Shouts - 159,441 Scrobbles
Johnny Smith, (born John Henry Smith, Jr. on June 25, 1922 in Birmingham, Alabama) is an American jazz guitarist, although he does not consider himself to be a musician in the idiom. His most critically acclaimed album was "Moonlight in Vermont" (one of Downbeat magazine's top two jazz records for 1952, featuring saxophonists Stan Getz and Zoot Sims). Smith's playing is characterized by closed-position chord voicings and rapidly ascending lines (reminiscent of Django, but more diatonic than chromatically-based).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Shenandoah - (1:46) - 262 plays
- Moonlight in Vermont - (3:07) - 241 plays
- Golden Earrings - (3:02) - 225 plays
- Where or When - (2:27) - 145 plays
- I'm Old Fashioned - (2:20) - 222 plays
- 'Round Midnight - (2:47) - 203 plays
- Jaguar - (2:33) - 145 plays
- Walk Don't Run - (3:18) - 383 plays
- Macho's Lullaby - (2:07) - 201 plays
- Walk, Don't Run! - (2:48) - 67 plays