9 Shouts - 157,621 Scrobbles
Johnny Smith, (born John Henry Smith, Jr. on June 25, 1922 in Birmingham, Alabama) is an American jazz guitarist, although he does not consider himself to be a musician in the idiom. His most critically acclaimed album was "Moonlight in Vermont" (one of Downbeat magazine's top two jazz records for 1952, featuring saxophonists Stan Getz and Zoot Sims). Smith's playing is characterized by closed-position chord voicings and rapidly ascending lines (reminiscent of Django, but more diatonic than chromatically-based).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Moonlight in Vermont - (3:07) - 255 plays
- Shenandoah - (1:46) - 273 plays
- Where or When - (2:27) - 142 plays
- Golden Earrings - (3:02) - 245 plays
- I'm Old Fashioned - (2:20) - 244 plays
- Walk Don't Run - (3:18) - 332 plays
- 'Round Midnight - (2:47) - 226 plays
- Walk, Don't Run! - (2:48) - 66 plays
- Jaguar - (2:33) - 140 plays
- Macho's Lullaby - (2:07) - 212 plays