11 Shouts - 280,783 Scrobbles
The paths of Johnny Hodges (John Cornelius "Johnny" Hodges, nicknames: "Rabbit", "Jeep". b. July 25, 1906, in Cambridge, Massachusetts, d. May 11, 1970) and Duke Ellington are eternally intertwined. While Hodges is now universally acknowledged as one of the seminal alto saxophonists in jazz he was, at times, overlooked as an artist in his own right; somehow hidden in the penumbra of The Duke Ellington Orchestra, of which Mr. Hodges was the lead alto for many decades (doubling on soprano saxophone in the '30's and '40's as well).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Jeep's Blues - (3:23) - 1,012 plays
- The Last Time I Saw Paris - (2:53) - 956 plays
- Passion Flower - (2:23) - 839 plays
- Day Dream - (2:57) - 671 plays
- On The Sunny Side Of The Street - (4:16) - 707 plays
- Good Queen Bess - (3:03) - 754 plays
- Castle Rock - (2:48) - 480 plays
- Duke's In Bed - (2:56) - 412 plays
- Squatty Roo - (2:25) - 368 plays
- Little Rabbit Blues - (9:23) - 320 plays