26 Shouts - 723,808 Scrobbles
Johnny Burnette was a rockabilly pioneer in Memphis, TN, USA - with his older brother Dorsey Burnette &, a friend, Paul Burlison - founded Johnny Burnette & The Rock 'N' Roll Trio. Burlison was an electrician and pioneered the electric guitar effect known as the "rumble" in evidence on Burnette's earlier first hit "Train kept a'Rollin" achieved by leaving a capacitor loose in its fittings. All three worked with Elvis Presley while he was a truck driver, and followed him in resuming their search for stardom. The Burnettes and Burlison were all keen boxers.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsI was never much at findin' words
To say what's on my mind
Even dare describe what you mean to me
Would take a whole lifetime
So if it don't come out like Shakespeare
- Rock Billy Boogie - (2:36) - 2,552 plays
- LyricsDreamin', I'm always dreamin'
Dreamin', love will be mine
Searchin', I'm always searchin'
Hopin' someday I'll find
Someone, someone to love me
- Tear It Up - (1:55) - 1,707 plays
- Honey Hush - (2:05) - 1,678 plays
- The Train Kept a-Rollin' - (2:17) - 1,088 plays
- All By Myself - (2:02) - 952 plays
- Dream Lover - (2:27) - 814 plays
- Sweet Love on My Mind - (2:30) - 699 plays
- Little Boy Sad - (1:55) - 638 plays