26 Shouts - 743,299 Scrobbles
Johnny Burnette was a rockabilly pioneer in Memphis, TN, USA - with his older brother Dorsey Burnette &, a friend, Paul Burlison - founded Johnny Burnette & The Rock 'N' Roll Trio. Burlison was an electrician and pioneered the electric guitar effect known as the "rumble" in evidence on Burnette's earlier first hit "Train kept a'Rollin" achieved by leaving a capacitor loose in its fittings. All three worked with Elvis Presley while he was a truck driver, and followed him in resuming their search for stardom. The Burnettes and Burlison were all keen boxers.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- You're Sixteen - (1:59) - 4,827 plays
- Rock Billy Boogie - (2:34) - 2,506 plays
- LyricsDreamin', I'm always dreamin'
Dreamin', love will be mine
Searchin', I'm always searchin'
Hopin' someday I'll find
Someone, someone to love me
- Tear It Up - (1:55) - 1,659 plays
- Honey Hush - (2:03) - 1,823 plays
- The train kept a-rollin' - (2:17) - 1,140 plays
- All By Myself - (2:02) - 969 plays
- Dream Lover - (2:27) - 787 plays
- Sweet Love On My Mind - (2:30) - 792 plays
- Little Boy Sad - (1:55) - 562 plays