0 Shouts - 35,833 Scrobbles
John Spillane (born in 1961 in Cork, Ireland) is an Irish singer-songwriter. Going solo after featuring in Irish bands The Stargazers and then Nomos, in 2003 he won a Meteor Music Award in the Best Folk/Traditional Act category. He has co-written songs with leading Irish language poet Louis de Paor (or "Louis de/the poet" as he likes to call him).Read More...
Spillane graduated from University College Cork with a degree in Irish and in English. During his college years and after, he was involved with several Cork bands, most notably The Stargazers and then Nomos. With Nomos, Spillane featured on two albums, I Won't Be Afraid Anymore (1996) and Set You Free (1997).
As a solo musician, Spillane has recorded a number of solo albums, beginning with The Wells of the World (1997; re-released in 2000), Will We Be Brilliant Or What (2002), and Hey Dreamer (2005). In 2006 he released The Gaelic Hit Factory in which he sang some songs in Irish. Leading Irish language poet Louis de Paor, read his poems on the album and also has all the writing credits for the album. The album "My Dark Rosaleen & the Island of Dreams" followed in 2008.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- The Dunnes Stores Girl - 1,578 plays
- I'm Moving On - 1,387 plays
- Hey Dreamer - 1,493 plays
- Óró, Sé Do Bheatha Abhaile - 1,275 plays
- A Song For Rory Gallagher - 1,001 plays
- Beautiful Tears - 789 plays
- The Only One For Me - 726 plays
- The Moon Going Home - 746 plays
- All The Ways You Wander - 778 plays
- The Song Of Lies - 769 plays