63 Shouts - 60,156 Scrobbles
John Robert Parker Ravenscroft, OBE (30 August 1939 – 25 October 2004), known professionally as John Peel, was a British disc jockey, radio presenter, and journalist. He was one of the original DJs of BBC Radio 1 in 1967 and of those the only one remaining on Radio 1 at the time of his death. Known for the extraordinary range of his taste in music and the occasional mistakes (such as playing records at the wrong speed or playing the wrong track entirely) that marked his shows, John Peel was one of the most popular and respected DJs and broadcasters in the world.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Intro - (1:13) - 154 plays
- The Soledad Bros / Break 'em On Down - (3:14) - 29 plays
- The Undertones / Teenage Kicks - (2:25) - 21 plays
- MC DET / Hipsteppin' - (3:41) - 21 plays
- Cats Caravan Festive Fifty 1980 - 28 plays
- Don Carlos / Late Night Blues - (3:40) - 17 plays
- The Bad Livers / Lust for Life - (1:52) - 20 plays
- The Fall / Mr. Pharmacist - (2:15) - 25 plays
- Diptych - (10:03) - 14 plays
- The Velvelettes / Needle in a Haystack - (2:25) - 22 plays