2 Shouts - 71,117 Scrobbles
Better known as Big John Patton. John Patton (July 12, 1935 in Kansas City, Missouri – March 19, 2002 in Montclair, New Jersey), sometimes nicknamed Big John Patton, was a hard bop and soul jazz organist. After spending time with the Lloyd Price orchestra, he recorded extensively for Blue Note, and performed or collaborated with Grant Green, Lou Donaldson, and John Zorn. His music evolved to incorporate elements of modal and free jazz, without ever losing the basic, earthy groove that he brought to it from the beginning.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Latona - (7:22) - 85 plays
- The Turnaround - (6:46) - 103 plays
- Alfie's Theme - (4:40) - 122 plays
- Along Came John - (6:03) - 104 plays
- Let 'Em Roll - (6:49) - 67 plays
- Pinto - (5:20) - 58 plays
- String Bean - (5:43) - 58 plays
- Understanding - (6:56) - 46 plays
- The Shadow of Your Smile - (6:53) - 31 plays
- Pig Foots - (5:44) - 51 plays