0 Shouts - 6,224,925 Scrobbles
There is more than one artist under this name:Read More...
1. Liverpool born John Murphy began scoring movies at the age of 25. In 2000, following the success of Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and Snatch, he moved to Los Angeles.
Since then the self-taught musician has worked with some of the industry's most respected and luminary filmmakers, including Danny Boyle, Guy Ritchie, Stephen Frears, Matthew Vaughn and Michael Mann, producing film scores as prominent and diverse as Kick-Ass, Sunshine, Miami Vice, Snatch and the seminal 28 Days Later.
After Kick-Ass Murphy set up the record label Taped Noise and began work on several non-movie projects. The first of these, 'anonymous rejected filmscore', will be released early in 2014.
Murphy's music has been featured in commercials for Nike, Louis Vuitton, Audi, Samsung, Dior, Google and Apple.
2. John Murphy is an Australian-born percussionist who has played with many artists since the early 1980s while living in both Australia and the UK. From being a member of groups such as The Associates and SPK, working extensively with artists like Current 93, Death in June and Boyd Rice, and having many solo projects, his work has covered a wide range. For a while in the late 1990s/early 2000s, he went by the name of Jonh Murphy (to avoid confusion with another artist). On Chaos, he is helped by Roger Smith, and last but not least David Tibet of Current 93. This trio actually where Dogs Blood Order, the band preceding Current 93.
3. John Murphy, a pianist notably featured on William Bolcom's album The Complete Rags for Piano.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- In the House - In a Heartbeat - 617,546 plays
- 28 Theme - 216,323 plays
- Don Abandons Alice - 165,931 plays
- Jim's Dream - 92,278 plays
- Sunshine (Adagio in D Minor) - 170,298 plays
- In Paradisum - 78,086 plays
- I Promised Them Women - 72,308 plays
- Rage - 89,753 plays
- The End - 102,512 plays
- The Beginning - 78,098 plays