132 Shouts - 1,289,567 Scrobbles
John McLaughlin (b. 1942), also known as Mahavishnu John McLaughlin, is an English jazz- and jazz-fusion guitarist and composer. Born on 4th January 1942 in Doncaster, Yorkshire, he played with Tony Williams Lifetime and then with Miles Davis on his landmark electric jazz-fusion albums In A Silent Way and Bitches Brew. His 1970s electric band, The Mahavishnu Orchestra performed a technically virtuosic and complex style of music that fused eclectic jazz and rock with eastern and Indian influences.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsYou're in my arms, and all the world is calm
The music playing on for only two
So close together and when I'm with you
So close to feeling alive
A life goes by, romantic dreams will stop
- My Foolish Heart - (3:25) - 954 plays
- Meeting of the Spirits - (6:54) - 701 plays
- Extrapolation - (3:53) - 744 plays
- You Know, You Know - (5:07) - 649 plays
- It's Funny - (4:23) - 707 plays
- Cosmic Strut - (3:28) - 566 plays
- Marbles - (4:13) - 683 plays
- Arjen's Bag - (4:11) - 626 plays
- Raju - (8:19) - 596 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online