131 Shouts - 1,251,505 Scrobbles
John McLaughlin (b. 1942), also known as Mahavishnu John McLaughlin, is an English jazz- and jazz-fusion guitarist and composer. Born on 4th January 1942 in Doncaster, Yorkshire, he played with Tony Williams Lifetime and then with Miles Davis on his landmark electric jazz-fusion albums In A Silent Way and Bitches Brew. His 1970s electric band, The Mahavishnu Orchestra performed a technically virtuosic and complex style of music that fused eclectic jazz and rock with eastern and Indian influences.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Be Happy - (3:41) - 929 plays
- Cosmic Strut - (3:28) - 948 plays
- Meeting of the Spirits - (6:54) - 949 plays
- Raju - (8:19) - 900 plays
- So Close - (3:48) - 1,613 plays
- Extrapolation - (3:53) - 851 plays
- My Foolish Heart - (3:25) - 841 plays
- Marbles - (4:13) - 720 plays
- You Know, You Know - (5:07) - 824 plays
- It's Funny - (4:23) - 758 plays