5 Shouts - 55,130 Scrobbles
John McArthur, a native of Kingston, Jamaica, West Indies, began his studies in piano at age eight in the United States. His early studies were with the late Belgian pianist, Suzanne Shader, a student of Dr. Clarence Adler and Eduard van Remoortel, followed by studies with Ernest Ulmer, Joseph Villa, Dalmo Carra and Earl Wild while attending New York University and the Manhattan School of Music. It was during his tenure at the Manhattan School of Music as Teaching Fellow that he earned his doctorate in performance under the instruction of the eminent American virtuoso, Earl Wild.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Arioso - (6:14) - 11 plays
- Homage to Poulenc-Bach - (5:05) - 3 plays
- Arioso-Bach/Pirani - (6:12) - 3 plays
- A Dedication - (3:59) - 5 plays
- The Muse-Rachmaninov - (5:09) - 3 plays
- The Little Island-Rachmaninov - (2:42) - 2 plays
- Lilacs - (2:50) - 1 plays
- Where Beauty Dwells-Rachmaninov - (2:46) - 1 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online