5 Shouts - 1,155 Scrobbles
John Locke (29 August 1632 – 28 October 1704) was an English philosopher. Locke is considered the first of the British Empiricists, but is equally important to social contract theory. His ideas had enormous influence on the development of epistemology and political philosophy, and he is widely regarded as one of the most influential Enlightenment thinkers, classical republicans, and contributors to liberal theory.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Ice - (5:17) - 8 plays
- Don't Tell Me What I Can't Do! - (0:46) - 2 plays
- 25 - Book II, Chapter 11: Of the Extent of the Legislative Power - (21:27) - 2 plays
- 29 - Book II, Chapter 15: Of Paternal, Political, and Despotical Power, Considered Together - (7:09) - 2 plays
- Hornpipe - (0:47) - 4 plays
- 8 Bit Symphony (Original Mix) - (10:06) - 3 plays
- 20 - Book II, Chapter 06: Of Paternal Power - (33:35) - 3 plays
- 19 - Book II, Chapter 05: Of Property - (45:18) - 1 plays
- 26 - Book II, Chapter 12: Of the Legislative, Executive, and Federative Power of the Common-wealth - (7:09) - 1 plays
- 08 - Book I, Chapter 08: Of the Conveyance of Adam's Sovereign Monarchical Power - (6:07) - 1 plays