235 Shouts - 5,833,019 Scrobbles
John Denver (December 31, 1943 – October 12, 1997) was born with the name Henry John Deutschendorf Jr. in Roswell, N.M. One of America's most popular performers in the '70s, Denver's rise to fame began when he was "discovered" in a Los Angeles nightclub. He initially joined the Back Porch Majority, a nursery group for the renowned New Christy Minstrels, but, tiring of his role there, he left for The Chad Mitchell Trio where he forged a reputation as a talented songwriter.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsAlmost heaven, West Virginia
Blue ridge mountains, Shenandoah river
Life is old there, older than the trees
Younger than the mountains, growin' like a breeze
Country roads, take me home
- LyricsAll my bags are packed
I'm ready to go
I'm standin' here outside your door
I hate to wake you up to say goodbye
But the dawn is breakin'
- LyricsRudolph the red-nosed reindeer had a very shiny nose.
And if you ever saw it, you would even say it glows.
All of the other reindeer used to laugh and call him names,
They never let poor Rudolph join in any reindeer games.
Then one foggy Christmas Eve, Santa came to say,
- LyricsYou fill up my senses
Like a night in a forest
Like the mountains in springtime
Like a walk in the rain
Like a storm in the desert
- LyricsHe was born in the summer of his twenty-seventh year
Coming home to a place he'd never been before
Left yesterday behind him, you might say he was born again
Might say he found a key for ev'ry door
When he first came to the mountains his life was far away
- Leaving on a Jet Plane - (4:00) - 10,227 plays
- Twelve Days Of Christmas - (4:22) - 6,326 plays
- We Wish You A Merry Christmas - (1:05) - 8,346 plays
- Thank God I'm a Country Boy - (3:29) - 7,838 plays
- Sunshine on My Shoulders - (5:13) - 7,288 plays